As a unit of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF), we are dedicated to preserving and honoring our military history with the rallying cry to “Keep ‘Em Flying!”
The CAF is the premier Warbird organization, with over 10,000 members, the CAF operates more than 164 vintage aircraft which are distributed to 80 units in 24 states for care and operation.
The Houston Wing is based at West Houston Airport, in Houston, Texas, USA. The Wing has six CAF aircraft assigned:
- Lockheed C-60A "Lodestar"
- North American AT-6 "Texan"
- Consolidated-Vultee BT-13 "Valiant"
- Naval Aircraft Factory N3N "Yellow Peril"
- Fairchild PT-19A "Cornell"
- and a major restoration project, a North American L‑17 Navion
Our museum, which is focused on WWII aviation, is open the first and third Saturday of each month from 10AM to 3PM.
Our aircraft travel to several airshows each year, including the annual CAF AIRSHO® in Midland, Texas. Houston Wing aircraft are also frequent participants in flyovers for veteran's memorials and sporting events in the Houston area.